How to market a successful Kickstarter
a live interview with ollie aplin
designer, hustler, author and entrepreneur
As part of Marketing month at the Happy Startup School we heard from designer, author and entrepreneur Ollie Aplin.
Last year Ollie ran an amazingly successful Kickstart campaign to fund his Mind Journal project. The campaign was so successful it raised £45,000, nearly 3 times more than his target.
During this interview Ollie talked about where he got the idea for Mind Journal and what he did to market his crowdfunding campaign.
YOU'VE FOUND YOUR TRIBE
Do you believe that there must be a better way of doing business?
A way that doesn't mean killing the competition and suffering from burnout in order to succeed.
A way that is sustainable at a personal, social and environmental level.
Then you've found your tribe.
We're a community of entrepreneurs and changemakers that want to make a positive impact in the world without sacrificing their wellbeing.
Each month we focus on different themes and look to answer pressing questions that we know budding entrepreneurs and startup founders regularly struggle with.
For each month’s theme we release the following:
- The Happy Startup guide to… bite-sized gems on this month’s topic
- Humans of Happy Startups focus on one of our amazing members
- Inspiring talks from the happy startup archive
- Campfire chats Exclusive 5 min interviews with thought leaders
- Top reads our all-time favourite posts that will get you thinking
- Recommended books our favourite books
- Top tools our favourite apps to get sh*t done
- 1 min daily tips to keep you inspired and on track
- Mentor AMA webinar for you to pose questions to topic experts
- Monthly momentum call 1 hour facilitated Zoom call w/fellow members
- Community newsletter with video update from Carlos & Laurence
Plus by BECOMING A MEMBER YOU GET:
- 24/7 access to the Slack group
- Your own profile page to share your project
- First refusal on a Summercamp ticket for you and a friend and £100 off the full price
- Early access to Summercamp videos months before public release
- A Happy Startup Member badge for your website
- Exclusive deals from carefully selected partners
- Free entry to selected events and conferences
- Free enrolment to our Home School e-course
- Free coffee and a place to hangout if you’re ever in Brighton
Shortcut your learning and connect with likeminded changemakers.